The cost of one share of common stock in the Whitewater Grocery Co. is $150. There are NO ANNUAL FEES. The purchase price for your share is refundable, subject to the terms of our bylaws. Ownership grants the following benefits: creation of a local business dedicated to providing access to full-service grocery store; the right to vote in elections and run for one seat on the board of directors; and financial benefits upon store opening. Financial benefits may include owner specials, case lot discounts on special orders, possible patronage refunds during profitable years, and owner discounts on classes or workshops hosted by the Whitewater Grocery Co. Ownership is subject to terms and conditions set forth in the Bylaws of the Whitewater Grocery Co.
- Where are you going to be located?
- Well, it NEEDS to be on ________ side of town!
- What if you don't get enough owners?
- Am I going to have to pay more later?
- So, it's members only?
- If it's a co-op, does that mean that it's going to be expensive?
- Will you be cheaper than Walmart?
- What happens to my money if the store never opens?
- Other grocery stores have failed, what makes you different?
- Can I sell my XYZ there?
- What happens if I die before the store is open?
- I heard that there’s a store coming to Whitewater already. Is that true?
- I have other things I have to pay for first.
- When will the store open?
How much does it cost to be an Owner?
Was this helpful?